Wednesday, January 17, 2007

PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night Melissa and I travelled up the North Shore to Campbells Bay to the home of Yvonne, David and their 2 boys. It was a fabulous time. David and the boys picked us up at the ferry dock and we met Yvonne at the house, which was a beautiful home. We visited for a while and then indulged in the feast that she had prepared, beautiful salad, chicken, veggies and potatoes for tea (thats what they call supper here) and the a decadent chocolate birthday cake and New Zealand icecream and strawberries and bluberries for dessert. Can you imagine the smile on my face? :o). Then Melissa filmed pretty much a whole documentary with the boys on getting them to teach her how to speak Kiwi and them making fun of how we talk. It was a great night. Yvonne offered up her computer forme to download some of my pictures onto her computer and then email them to get them onto my blog. She just happened to have a cord that worked with my camera. Yipppeee! I only got about 8 pictures b/c it was slow to download and I didn't want to be on their computer for very long while we were visiting. Then David drove us all the way home to the city. We got stopped by the Kiwi/British police on the way home b/c their brake light was the wrong color (a 2nd hand car from Singapore...) That was very fun!.

So here you go! These are some of my favorite pictures so far, but remember they are reduced in size and quality b/c if I left them in their original form, they take like 30 min to attach each! So you will see the real deal when I get home. I took ALL of these with my camera, thanks mom, it is working amazing! I am so happy with it.

This is the night that we went to Te Puia in Rotorua (2 weekends ago). This was at the Maori cultural performance, after they taught us the Haka. I am good at the tongue thing. Although I don't look quite as mean as he does!


This is at Rainbow Springs in Rotorua. AFTER the million kilometer walk that we didn't plan for and the hose refreshment...


Same place...real Kiwi or not? :o)



Muirwai Beach near my work, Melissa hasn't seen it yet. This is where the Gannet bird colonies are. I went here for an outing with my clients. OT is the hardest job in the world. Like loko at it! I stood here! It's unbelievable! Only in the movies eh?...NOT



I think that I am a candidate for the New York times photo contest of the year with this one. What do you think Paige? It just radiates NZ to me. There are no better pictures here than capturing the NZ people just living.



In the caves at the North Head on Devonport, don't know how to rotate pictures yet, I am not that skilled to be climbing sideways..



New Years Eve with one of the Maori women making the fresh floral headpieces! . I loved her.

At the Auckland Zoo, just 5 minutes from where we live. It was feeding time for this guy, and a prize winning shot if I do say so myself.

Today is my birthday here, and I realized one thing, a birthday is just any ordinary day unless you are with the people who love you. And it's just not the same here, the days only half over, but it doesnt feel like my birthday, but I am sure it will tomorrow (when it is my birthday back at home). I will be happy with my free buffet tonight though...AND THANK YOU LB AND KELLY! I receievd my birthday present in the mail when I got to work this morning! On my actual birthday! What are the chances! I love the male body part mug, that is better than the McDonalds cups for sure. Too bad I opened it in front of all my coworkers.. You guys are awesome! And the toilet paper as well...at least you listen to my needs. I love you both so much!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pic of the boys out the window is stunning. It looks 'real-er' than the gorgeous beach shot. Can't wait to see them all! And you too!

Anonymous said...

EEE!!! You have no idea how excited I was to see that you had pictures posted! Yay! I'm soooo excited to see the rest! They are amazing!

PS: Now that I'm sure that it's your birthday in NZ I'd like to wish you a formal happy birthday!

(You have something coming in the mail from me... hopefully it comes soon...)

Paige

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jo-Anna!! What awesome pics you're taking!! Very impressive - especially that last one at the zoo. You and Melissa will probably find that the pictures just don't quite get it the way you're seeing it :)
Glad you guys are having a blast and congrats on making it this long with her. You should be alright for the rest of the trip now, haha. Give her a hug for me and keep enjoying birthday girl.
Smiles, Melissa's sister, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Jo-Anna it is so nice seeing your dear little smiling face. Sure miss you. The pictures are beautiful. It looks like you are having such fun. We will have to have a family picture night with your favorite food!!!
Love Mom