Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Best Mistake Ever!

Monday night, we just got groceries, and there was a “2 for $5.00” 2 litre icecream sale on. Well, since one was $4.50, we went for it, after eyeing the containers closely trying to decide whether they would both fit into our teenie-tiny freezer. Ah well, worst that could happen is that we eat 2 litres tonight. Best mistake we ever made! They didn’t fit, not by a long shot, you should have seen the size of our bowls. Melissa fell ill, I was in heaven, after all, can’t waste any. She thought that maybe being forced to eat that amount would cure my addiction, but it just made it worse. I have bought about 6 ice cream cones in the past 3 days.

Yesterday after work, we went to the Victoria Park Markets, very nice, but they were only open for about 15 minutes after we got there. We were a little late getting there, I was staring at a cruise ship on the waterfront forever that had to have been bigger than the titanic. It towered over all of the tall buildings on the waterfront, the biggest thing I have ever seen. Last night we didn’t go out or anything, and do anything much, except for get another “eviction notice”. Another payment is due this week. I have paid for my room for the full 4 weeks, but Melissa is waiting for her SWIF, so hopefully that comes through by Friday for her. Also, I must blog about this because something BIG happened last night. I splurged and spent the $6 and did a full load of laundry, everything I own. I took down my wash and sat with it the whole time, reading articles for school, while it washed and dried, afraid of my stuff “walking off”. I know I am super paranoid, but at least I won’t be the one crying. I know you are on the edge of your seats with this one…So then I brought my laundry back up to my room, set down the bag and took each item out piece by piece sniffing the warm, fresh scent…over and over again. It was incredible. Mom…I miss you. :o). So today I feel completely rejuvenated and clean for the first time in 3 weeks at least. Handwashing just doesn’t cut it. It may do something, but it sure doesn’t cure smells, and with all the hiking, my clothes were smelly…P-U!

I came to work this morning and a lovely card was sitting on my desk, a birthday hug monkey all the way from Windsor, Nova Scotia, from, in her words…A & A & B & ? & ?...so cute, looks strange, too many new babies at once! It’s like instantly doubled in size! But so happy for you. Thanks Allie and your crew! That was very thoughtful. I love you!

PS- I miss you Baby J, keep the updates coming P-Bird, I love them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok updates for baby Jason. took him to the doc yesterday he has a mild ear infection. You would not know it to look at him, because he is always crawling back and forth between my room, his room and the living room and kitchen. We put a stop to the living room kitchen by finally putting up the baby gate.

My cats are now terrified. They see him coming and Aurora jumps in the playpen, Willow will give him a quick kiss but high tales it out of the room after that.

Jason loves it if you hold out your hands so he can pull himself up and then tries to walk around the room.

Needless to say nothing gets done in my house until either Allan comes home or Jason is asleep.

Love you P-BIRD

Anonymous said...

P.S
I too am starting to be addicted to ice cream...funny did not really like the stuff for years then got pregnant for J and as they say the rest is history
Paula

Anonymous said...

JO!!!! Goodness I miss you and I have been so slack on writing you. I am keeping updated with your blog...been so busy, NO EXCUSE I know. Just want you to know how proud I am of you. I think you are amazing! I miss Baby Jas too...wow how his cuteness grows! Well keep up with your travels I LOVE hearing about them...

Bye for now from the Fort, off to class...

Love your Sista Booz XOXOXOX